Sunday, January 3, 2010

Intro to a New Challenge at Deco-Pages.com

Hello and Welcome to Project 12 for 2010!!
Thank you so much for joining us in this wonderful journey throughout 2010! I’m Jennifer Rassi, a designer at Deco-Pages.com. I’d like to take a moment to invite all of you to join in this challenge, meet new friends and have FUN!! Please remember that you can join in the challenge at anytime, as you are always encouraged to preserve your memories today for generations to come.  Here at Deco-Pages.com our motto is to “Let us help you to always remember!”

Let me start out with the basics of this challenge and work our way to January’s Challenge.

What is Project 12?
Project 12 is a 12 month challenge, designed to help you preserve your memories from an entire year. Just like Project 365, you will take pictures and place them on a layout and journal memories of what took place. But wait before you say that you can’t do this challenge or that you tried Project 365 but couldn’t stay with it, this one is easier!! Project 12 is only one layout a month, rather then weekly! You will take pictures throughout the month; at the end of the month you will complete the layout with journaling and Month & year.

Can I do previous years instead of 2010?
Sure why not, that’s a great idea too. The more we preserve for the future generations the more they will know about who we are and what we enjoyed in life.

What do I need to participate in this challenge?
Well you need a camera, pictures of events for each month, a program to make your digital scrapbook layouts in (Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, PSP and many others), an album to place your layouts in as you finish them (or at the end of year), scrapbooking kits to use to make your layouts, and finally the encouragement and support to finish your album. I’ll be here to help keep you going on this challenge.

Can paper scrappers do this challenge too?
Sure you can!! You know what you will need to make your layouts (adhesives, papers, tags, brads, ribbons, ect.) and you are welcome to take a picture of your finished pages and post them in the gallery too for everyone to see. I’d love to see them!

I’m new to scrapbooking, can I join in this challenge?
This challenge is kept simple enough for all levels of experience! It’s important that if you have a question to ask it, so I’m able to help you. You can either send me a private message here on the site (Angels Digi Scraps) or you can post the question in the forum. Questions are always welcome and my motto is the only stupid question is one that’s not asked! So don’t be afraid to ask them. We are all here to support each other, no matter what level of experience we have.

What if I don’t have a printer to print out my layouts?
Well there are lots of great stores/sites out there that can help you with it. It’s up to you if you want to use some thing online or go in person. I know that you can use the photo labs in several stores like Walmart, Wal-greens, CVS just to name a few. I personally have not used any of them. I always use my personal printer. A few of the online sites are Shutterfly, Snapfish, and SmugMug.

Can I use templates? Or do I have to use templates?
Yes you can use anything that you want to make your layouts, please just remember to credit the designers! Kit/template name and Designer Name only please!!! No you don’t have to use templates, you are welcome to make you layouts any size, shape or color you want to! It’s your album, you make it your way! You can make one or two page layouts for each month or mix it up!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me! I’ll answer all questions and help anyone that needs it. Now let’s get started with scrapping our memories! See ya in the January challenge thread!

No comments:

Post a Comment